Price: $75 per person Duration: Full Day
Explore and Relax on an Island Trip in the Gulf of Chiriqui National Park
- Roundtrip Transport from Boquete or David
- Experienced Bilingual Guide
- Hearty Lunch and Drinks
- Towels and Hammocks
- Private Boat Transport
Island Trip Highlights:
- Gulf of Chiriqui National Park
- Snorkeling: Fish, Turtles, and Eels
- All-Inclusive Tour
- Family Friendly
- Secluded White-Sand Beach
Island Trip Description:
From Boquete, we’ll drive 1.5 hours to Boca Chica, a small fishing village on the Pacific Coast. Then, we’ll pass through the mangrove forested volcanic islands of Laguna de Chiriqui toward the Gulf of Chiriqui National Marine Park, a 14,740 hectare marine park with around 25 uninhabited islands which serves as a refuge for howler monkeys, leatherback and hawksbill turtles, tiger herons, and exotic fish. There are no mammals on Isla Bolaños due to no fresh water, to see howler monkeys, we recommend to stay overnight in Isla Boca Brava (we can drop you off at the hotel after the tour).
The sun tends to shine over the white sand, palm-lined beaches in Gulf of Chiriqui Marine Park even when it’s raining everywhere else! Depending on visibility and climate, we’ll be snorkeling around one of the beautiful islands and pass the late morning and better part of the afternoon lunching, exploring, swimming, relaxing in a hammock, and playing on the white sand beaches of Isla Gamez or Isla Bolaños.
**Special Price: $75 per person (reduced for a limited time).**
Reserve your space directly with us. BOOK NOW!
Time and Duration:
Tour: 7:00am – 5:00pm (10 hours)
Gulf of Chiriqui National Park, Chiriqui Province, Panama. How to get to Boquete.
At the Boquete Outdoor Adventures Office in Plaza Los Establos on Main Street in Boquete. How to get to our office in Boquete.
David pickup and dropoff is available for free. We will provide you with a meeting location that you can get to with a quick taxi ride from your hotel. Approximate pickup time is 7:40am, and dropoff time is 4:30pm.
Lunch and Drinks:
For our hearty lunch, we can accommodate most diet modifications as everything is on the side, buffet style, and you can assemble as you wish. Included: seasonal fruits (apples, oranges, pineapple, grapes), fresh coconut from the island, seasonal vegetables (bell peppers, cucumbers, lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, broccoli), bread, meat (turkey, salami, or ham), cheese, condiments, cookies, chips and salsa or guacamole, and drinks (fresh water, iced tea, fruit juice, as well as alcoholic drinks such as rum cocktails, national beers, and wine). (Items are subject to change based on seasonal availability).
The Gulf of Chiriqui National Marine Park is located on the Pacific side and weather has little to no impact on this trip. Sunny year round in the mornings and noon-time. It may rain during the evenings during peak rainy season (does not affect the trip as it is during the return time). Also, only during peak rainy season (Sept-Oct), there may be some rain during the day for 10-minute bursts. It is recommended to just get in the warm ocean water during that time. Trip will not be cancelled if it is raining in Boquete, as that has no relation to where the trip goes.
Trip details may change due to severe weather, sea conditions, unforeseen events.
The island is located in a National Marine Park, with no structures allowed, there are no facilities/bathrooms available. The bathrooms available in Boca Chica are extremely basic (bring your own toilet paper if you need it).
4-person minimum, however if you book with enough time in advance, it will give us a chance to add-on and confirm the trip.
On our Calendar, you can see if we have a “guaranteed trip departure” which it will say in the trip details of each day, which you can book for immediate confirmation with any number of people.
Approximate Tour Schedule (approximate times that can change daily):
- 7:00am – Checkin at the Boquete Outdoor Adventures Office
- 7:00am – 8:30am – Transport to the Pacific Coast (David pickup option around 7:40am)
- 8:45am – 9:15am – Boat Ride from Boca Chica to Isla Bolaños, through the Gulf of Chiriqui National Marine Park
- 9:15am – 2:00pm – Island Time
- Free time to snorkel, hike, explore, play, relax, swim
- Lunch and drinks (non-alcoholic and alcoholic drinks), towels, snorkels, and hammocks included
- 2:30pm – 3:00pm – Return Boat Ride to Boca Chica
- 3:15pm – 5:00pm – Transport from Boca Chica to Boquete (or David dropoff around 4:30pm)
- Local professional bilingual guide
- Certified boat captain
- Snorkel and mask
- Beach towels
- Hearty lunch including make your own sandwiches, fruit, vegetables, chips, salsa, cookies, and more
- Beverages including tea, juice, fresh water, sodas
- Alcoholic beverages including beer, wine, rum (open bar)
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Souvenir tour photos with free download
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
What To Bring:
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hat / Sunglasses
- Shoes / Sturdy Water Sandal to explore the island
- Swimsuit / clothes to get wet
- Sun Block
- Water Bottle
More Days in Panama?
Panama Package Tours and Specials
Interesting and Exciting! – Best that Boquete has to offer – Whitewater Rafting, Coffee Tour of a gorgeous Fair Trade plantation, and Hiking in the cloud forest of…
3 Days and 4 Adventures! – Whitewater Rafting, Island Trip, Waterfall and Wildlife Hiking, and a Coffee Tour in the best…
Extraordinary Adventures! – Panama Mountain and Island Tour – Whitewater Rafting, Coffee, Hiking, Zip Lining, Horseback Riding, and an Island Trip with Snorkeling with…