Price: $150 per person Duration: 5 Hours
An off-roading opportunity: Experience Panoramic Views of the Pacific and Caribbean from the highest peak in Panama: Volcan Baru.
- Roundtrip Transport
- Experienced Driver
Volcan Baru Highlights:
- Summit Sunrise
- Panoramic Views of the Pacific Ocean and Caribbean Sea
- 3,474 meters (11,398 feet)
Volcan Baru Trip Description:Volcan Baru, a dormant volcano just south of the Continental Divide, is one of the only places in the world where one can see both the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea at the same time with the naked eye.
Join us to make the steep and rugged climb by 4×4 jeep. You will make your way to the dormant volcano’s summit, as you climb the Volcano maintenance road. From the summit, you will get the breath-taking panoramic view of both of Panama’s coastlines, the Pacific and the Caribbean for a “once-in-lifetime” opportunity to witness a volcano sunrise from the highest point in Panama. Volcan Baru is not for the faint-of-heart as it is an extreme climb, amidst sometimes below freezing temperatures and blistering cold wind gusts. The gorgeous views from the top are worth it, and to say you’ve “been to the highest point in Panama.” The Jeep 4×4 saves a lot of time, only taking approximately 2 hours to get to the top. It’s an extremely bumpy off-roading experience at 4:00am in the morning, but the Jeep provides comfortable seats and closed windows, sheltering from the cold. However, the ride is not recommended for anyone pregnant, with back problems, or tendencies of motion sickness. At the top, you can wait (drinking hot coffee with the warm vehicle heater) until the sun makes it’s first appearance. After a final ascent to the Volcan Baru peak, you may take your panoramic photos, and return for two more hours in the Jeep, being able to enjoy the mountain scenery in the new sunlight. IMPORTANT NOTE: The Volcan Baru Jeep Tour is not a Boquete Outdoor Adventures tour, and as of now, a local company who is ATP licensed with vehicles certified to enter the Volcan Baru National Park is responsible for this trip.
For serious hikers, we recommend hiking to the summit of Volcano Baru.
**Special Online Price: $140 per person (reduced for a limited time).**
Regular Price: $160 per person.
Special price may not available during holiday weeks.
4×4 Jeep Tour: 3:45am – 10:00am (sunrise)
Volcan Baru National Park, Boquete, Chiriqui Province, Panama. How to get to Boquete.
Hotel Pickup in Boquete (sunrise) or in the Boquete Outdoor Adventures Office (afternoon). How to get to our office in Boquete.
- Trail Length: from the ranger station to the summit is 8 miles (13km) one way. 16 miles (26km) round trip.
- Trail Elevation: 7,498 feet (2,274 meters) in elevation in just 2 hours from Boquete 3,900 feet (1,200 meters) to the top of Volcan Baru 11,398 feet (3,474 meters).
- Medical Conditions: Anyone with back problems, motion sickness, altitude sickness issues, or pregnant are not allowed on this trip.
- This trip is an extremely strenuous Jeep off-roading experience. You will be driving on a steep and very rocky road for 2 hours up, and 2 hours back down.
- The summit is extremely cold, sometimes below freezing, please bring plenty of warm clothing and extra water.
- This trip is not a “Panoramic Jeep Tour” nor will feature any information about the surrounding area, flora, and fauna.
- If you would like to see the Resplendent Quetzal and other wildlife,we recommend the cloud forest hikes.
- If there is rain, cloudiness, or bad weather at the top to obstruct your view, no refunds can be given.
- The Volcan Baru Jeep Tour is NOT a Boquete Outdoor Adventures tour. Another company is responsible for this trip.
- It is your choice to take this trip and we can not be held responsible if you are unaware of the above details.
- Trip details may change due to severe weather or unforeseen events.
- For serious hikers, we recommend hiking to the summit of Volcano Baru.
What To Bring:
- $5/p National Park Entrance Fee
- Rain Gear
- Snacks, Food, and Energy Bars
- Sturdy Shoes
- Warm Clothing – EXTREMELY warm clothing!!!
- Water Bottle
- Waterproof Camera